Music on the Mountain
September 5 – 8, 2017
Kick off autumn in the Hudson Valley with a fabulous week of music, featuring three concerts a day, from classical to contemporary, Broadway to jazz to pop.
Last year’s headliners included Natalie Merchant and Joan Osborne among many other talented musicians from across the country. It’s a week-long melody of musical days and magical nights on our mountaintop!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
Over her 30-year career, Natalie Merchant has earned a distinguished place among America’s most respected recording artists, acclaimed for being a prolific songwriter with a compelling artistic vision and a captivating performance style.
Steven Bernstein, Trumpet
Steven Bernstein is an American trumpeter, slide trumpeter, arranger/composer, and bandleader from New York City. He is best known for his work in Butler/Bernstein & The Hot 9, Levon Helm and the Midnight Ramble Band, Sexmob, The Lounge Lizards, and the Millennial Territory Orchestra.
The Big Takeover
The Big Takeover is a unique concoction of backgrounds and spirit that creates a fresh and vivid version of reggae. With Jamaican-born and raised Nee Nee Rushie as a captivating and memorable front-woman, a playful horn section, pulsating bass and drums, and a hypnotizing rhythm section, The Big Takeover fills audiences with good vibes and solid joy.
Featuring Keith Cotton
Joan Osborne has rightfully earned a reputation as one of the great voices of her generation — both as a commanding, passionate performer and a frank, emotionally-evocative songwriter. Osborne continues to enjoy a long and storied career that was jumpstarted with the great success of her major-label debut album, Relish, which wove together strands of American roots music, poetic lyrics, and impassioned vocals, and produced the massive MTV and international radio smash, “One of Us.”
Ball in the House
Ball in the House is an amazing Boston-based a cappella vocal group that has opened for such legendary performers as Smokey Robinson, The Beach Boys, and The Temptations. Their dynamic vocal bass and beatbox, combined with impeccable harmonies, form a full-band R&B soul pop sound—it’s hard to believe they’re just five guys with five incredible voices.
Yayoi Ikawa, Jazz Piano
With a totally unique sound, Yayoi Ikawa uses music to express her ingenuity and compassion through improvisation and a passion for jazz. She has performed with jazz greats such as Reggie Workman, Michael Carvin, Howard Johnson, Frank Lacy, Salim Washington, Tyshawn Sorey, and more. She has toured worldwide.
“Sissy is the voice and the image of Sicily, her songs are starting a new era for Sicilian popular music. Thanks to her, we can discover a new universe within traditional Sicilian music, extremely rich and powerful melodies and soundscapes, that transport us immediately to this island’s streets and fields full of life and art, something very different, worthy of the utmost attention.”
Ida Blue is a female-led Bodega Blues group, with its core emanating from the rich and roaring voice of Brooklyn-born Ida herself. Ida makes a sweet song sassy, a bitter song raucous, and a love song raunchy. Her performances are in a class of their own.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Music on the Mountain, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating, fishing, and swimming on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
- Special Events such as Outdoor Summer Movie Series and more! See schedule of activities >
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides