By: Diane West, Spa Retail Supervisor, Mohonk Mountain House
Say goodbye to tired, dry skin and revitalize your daily skincare routine with this super simple chamomile facial toner. Our team of estheticians has been using this product at the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House since we opened in 2005. Follow these easy steps to recreate the Mohonk spa experience at home.
Toners help to balance the pH level of your skin, and further cleans it by absorbing excess oil on the surface and removing traces of dirt and makeup. A good toner also helps to close pores and allows moisturizer to easily penetrate your skin. Most people know that chamomile has calming properties, but it’s also rich in flavonoids, which help to protect skin from free radicals and sun damage.
What you need:
- Reusable Spray Bottle
- Organic Chamomile Tea
- Clean Tap Water or Distilled Water
- Small Face Towel
- Boil Water Start by boiling approximately two cups of clean tap or distilled water. Once water comes to a boil, remove from the pot from the heat source.
- Steep Tea Steep one bag of organic chamomile tea for approximately 5-10 minutes. Remove teabag once tea reaches a deep golden color.
- Refrigerate Pour tea into a reusable spray bottle and immediately place in refrigerator.
- Spritz Away After washing your face or taking a shower, close your eyes and spritz your face with this gentle, calming toner.
If you really want to recreate the Mohonk spa experience, store your spray bottle in a bowl of ice cubes prior to use. You can also roll up a damp, lightly spritzed facial cloth and chill on ice. Gently press the cool towel on your face after a hot shower for a cooling, revitalizing sensation.