August 27 – September 1, 2017
Join us as we celebrate 82 years of Garden Holiday! Dive into the enchantment of this year’s formal show garden, rose and herb gardens, wildflower trails, and Victorian maze.
Delight in hands-on workshops and demonstrations with the area’s finest horticultural experts. Mohonk’s gardens highlight a diverse array of flora both native and exotic. And be sure to don your favorite hat and join us at our annual Victorian Garden Party.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
Welcome and Garden Tour
Meet our Garden Holiday team, pick up your welcome pin and packet, and have a cup of tea, followed by a guided stroll into the gardens led by Mohonk’s Garden Manager Andrew Koehn.
Improve your Succulent Savvy with Head Gardener Andrew Sinno
Andrew Sinno, head gardener at Mohonk, shares the secrets to successfully growing these popular garden denizens. In the “coral reef “ area of the show garden, Andrew will explore both container and bed-style culture of this resilient group.
A Walk with Mohonk’s Gardeners
Join members of our garden staff and explore this year’s “Under the Sea” themed show garden. Hear the behind-the-scenes take on all that’s involved in preparing our gardens for the height of the growing season.
Simple Succulent Workshop with Greenhouse Manager Cindy Muro
Cindy Muro will show you how to create a simple succulent craft that is fun and easy to care for.
Wow your Dinner Guests with Rustic Elegance with Theresa Colucci
Watch as the Cliff View Room is transformed before your very eyes into a woodland wonderland. Floral designer Theresa Colucci will inspire you to expand your creativity as you entertain.
Getting the Most out of Small Spaces with Cory McCurdy
Intimate exteriors can be both aesthetically pleasing and functional at the same time. Cory McCurdy will explore utilization of available space, materials, views, and creation of outdoor rooms.
Got it made . . . in the Shade!
with Andrew Koehn
Join Mohonk’s own Garden Manager Andrew Koehn as he talks about proper planning and variety selection for fall color.
Victorian Garden Party
Members of the Smiley family and Garden Holiday leaders will host afternoon tea in our award-winning show garden. Listen to the melodic sounds of flute and harp, and be sure to wear your favorite garden party hat!
John Kuhner – Rare Plants
Horticulturist John Kuhner will focus on gardening local plants, some rare in the wild, some rare in the trade. All are well worth the effort.
George Crosby – Feed the World
Come take a look at how food is produced. George will take us from contemporary, high-end greenhouse food production all the way back to strategies to grow food in difficult-to-live-in parts of the world.
Garden Tour with Garden Manager Andrew Koehn
Dive in with Andrew Koehn for an official swim around this season’s most ambitious effort to date, the Under the Sea show garden.
A Healthy Elixir, Yoga, and our Garden: Perfect!
Start with a specially-crafted healthy elixir, then enjoy a meditative session of yoga in the garden.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit during Festival of the Arts, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating, fishing, and swimming on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
- Special Events such as Outdoor Summer Movie Series and more! See schedule of activities >
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides