March 2 – 4, 2018
Travel back to the 19th century and the early days of Mohonk Mountain House to solve multiple mysteries as we explore the lifestyles of the rich and famous 1800s-style.
Watch a mystery unfold before your eyes at Mohonk Mountain House, the birthplace of Mystery Weekends. Performers act out each scene in front of you, and it’s up to you and your team to solve the crime.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
A Mystery Dinner
The year is 1894, and Frederick and Louise Vanderbilt are hosting a weekend-long party at Mohonk Mountain House. Guests George and Edith Vanderbilt are also invited to enjoy the landscapes, which are the subjects of Frederick’s paintings. You’re invited to mingle with both sets of Vanderbilts and their friends, including distinguished Vassar professor Percy Longfellow.
Party Time! Dance and Reception
Are you ready to waltz? Try to maintain that smile even though there is a killer (or killers) on the loose. Keep your eyes open. Stay close to your friends (and closer to your enemies). Let’s hope there are no unsavory gate-crashers who try to turn the tables.
Escape Room: The Missing Blueprints
Daniel Smiley wants to surprise the Old Boys Golf Club with the design of a new tower at Sky Top. But he hid the plans to keep it a surprise and now he can’t find them! Hurry as you help Daniel retrace his steps and find the blueprints by solving a series of puzzles and clues before his meeting begins.
Is This Just a Show?
Before our investigation commences on the second day, you and the other guests will be treated to a magic lantern show presented by famous medium Florence Cook. Her projected images will feature the history of the Mohonk property and the Smiley family. Once the lights come up it is revealed that there is more evidence than we first assumed.
Tea Time with Special Guests
Take a mystery trip down memory lane as a few participants from the original Mystery Weekend (started in 1976) share stories and tales from that groundbreaking time.
Murder’s Never Perfect
Things always come apart sooner or later. And when two people are involved, it’s usually sooner. It’s your last chance for clues, so keep your eyes open.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Mystery Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating, fishing, and swimming on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees Monday–Friday on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
- Special Events such as Outdoor Summer Movie Series and more! See schedule of activities >
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides