Mohonk Mountain House Policies and Customs
Get Ready for Your Stay
Rates at Mohonk Mountain House Resort include overnight accommodations, three meals daily* in one of our dining rooms as well as afternoon tea and cookies, and most resort activities.
All rates are per person, per night based on double occupancy. Charges for additional adults and children will be applied to the rate.
- Additional adult (over age 12): $175
- Additional child (age 4-12): $99
- No charge for children under 4 years.
Rates are subject to change without notice and are subject to applicable state and local taxes.
In lieu of tipping, a 12% gratuity is added to your daily room rate. A 15% gratuity will be added to beverage checks, transportation and room services. An 18% gratuity will be added to spa services.
*Some exceptions apply based on special rate offerings
- Most weekends require a two-night minimum stay; minimum stay requirements for holiday weekends may vary.
- A deposit equal to one night’s room rate is charged at time of booking. Reservations that are cancelled, shortened or rescheduled with less than 96 hours notice will forfeit the deposit.
- Cancellations/changes made more than 96 hours prior to arrival will receive a full deposit refund, less a $25 processing fee per room.
- Please note that holiday periods require a seven-day advance notice of cancellation/change to receive a full deposit refund, less a $25 processing fee.
- For parties of six rooms or more, a two-week advance notice of cancellations/changes is required to receive a full deposit refund, less a $25 processing fee per room.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diner’s Club are accepted, as well as personal checks
- Check-in begins after 4PM; check-out time is 1PM
- Pets are not permitted
Neat sports attire is appropriate at Mohonk Mountain House during the day. Please note the following guidelines for attire during meal times and in our seasonal venues:
- Granary, Picnic Lodge: Casual Attire
- Footwear required. Swimwear and athletic attire are acceptable.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Sunday Brunch, Mohonk DinnerFest Buffet, Carriage Lounge: Resort Casual Attire
- Shirts and footwear required. Not acceptable are hats, tank tops, swimwear or running shorts, and ripped, torn or frayed clothing.
- Traditional Evening Dining when the Mohonk DinnerFest Buffet is not available: Resort Evening Attire
- Jackets are suggested for gentlemen age 12 and over, with comparable attire for women. Footwear required. Dress slacks or skirts, dress shirts or blouse and dress shoes requested.
- Mohonk Formal Evening Dining: Mohonk Formal Attire
Jackets are required for gentlemen ages 12 and up. Dress slacks or skirts, dress shirts or blouse and dress shoes required. Not acceptable are hats, athletic tank tops, swimwear, T-shirts, sneakers, sweat suits, running shorts, and ripped, torn, or frayed clothing.
Seasonally, we offer the Mohonk DinnerFest Buffet (for all guests) and Traditional Dining (ages seven years and older). Casual attire is appropriate for the Mohonk DinnerFest Buffet. For Traditional Dining, gentlemen age 12 years and older are required to wear jackets and ladies should dress accordingly.
Cell Phones: Please do not use cell phones in areas that might disturb other guests, including dining rooms and spa.
Dining: Reservations for the evening meal are required. Room service is not available to cottages.
Liquor: Alcoholic beverage service is available daily in the Mountain House dining rooms at the afternoon and evening meals, and in the Carriage Lounge from noon to 11:00 p.m. At other times of the day, alcoholic beverages may be obtained from room service for consumption in guest rooms only.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in guest rooms or anywhere else inside the Mountain House.
Television: Available in designated public rooms. A limited number of televisions are available for rental in guest rooms.
Internet: Wireless Internet access is complimentary throughout the Mountain House.