Summer Nature Week
June 11 – 15, 2017
Discover all that Mother Nature has to offer during Summer Nature Week at Mohonk Mountain House.
Learn about the diversity of local plants, animals, and natural communities through exciting outdoor and indoor programs about every aspect of nature—from the Shawangunk Ridge, to amphibians, to native plants, and much more. There is no better way to celebrate the longest days of the year than to share your love of nature at our House.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
Lecture from Dr. Dan Bogan,
Followed by a Meet and Greet
Kick off Summer Nature Week with an introductory lecture on the natural world around us, why we love it, and why we need to protect it. A meet and greet with fellow nature lovers will follow.
Mammal Search with Dr. Dan Bogan
Mammals live all around us, yet often go unseen. Join Dr. Bogan for a hands-on search for these animals. Learn about the natural history and ecology of mammals inhabiting the Shawangunk Ridge.
Forest Walk with Forest Ecologist Dr. Charlie Canham
Come see the forest for the trees. Join Dr. Canham for a morning walk through the forests of the Shawangunks, where you will learn about trees and their ecology.
by Elizabeth Long
Beautiful and delicate, butterflies can be found everywhere from peaceful woodland glades to city parks. Join Elizabeth Long, Director of Research at the Daniel Smiley Research Center, and learn about the natural history of butterflies, tips on observing them, and butterfly gardening.
Hike Mohonk Lake with Naturalist Michael Ridolfo
Join Michael Ridolfo on a hike along the lake to learn about some of the plants and animals you may see as part of Summer Nature week.
Amphibian and Reptile Walk with Laura Heady
What cold-blooded, charismatic species share the woods and waters around the Mountain House? Come explore the fascinating world of amphibians and reptiles of the Shawangunk Ridge. We’ll discuss their interesting lives and search their habitats to get a close-up look at these elusive animals.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit during Summer Nature Week, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating, fishing, and swimming on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides