May 20 – 22, 2022
Join us for a weekend-long celebration of rock’n’roll history, movies, and live music performances. We’ll kick off weekend with a remote introduction from music icon and long-time host of this event, the legendary Cousin Brucie! Enjoy live concerts throughout the weekend.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
PAST FEATURED EVENTS
Listed below are some of the many events featured in past years of this program.
Live Music with Rob Paparozzi’s Juke Joint
Join us for a rockin’ good concert with singer and harmonica virtuoso Rob Paparozzi as he explores the roots of Rock’n’Roll. He’ll cover some beginnings in the 1950’s and storm into the 1970’s including the “sister” genres of R&B, Funk, Blues, and Rockabilly. Rob will be joined with the talented Sue Williams, Frank Pagano, and Dave Keyes.
Film Screening: Dirty Dancing
In the summer of 1963, innocent 17 year old Baby (Jennifer Grey) vacations with her parents at a Catskills resort. One evening she is drawn to the staff quarters by stirring music and there she meets Johnny (Patrick Swayze), the hotel dance instructor, who is as experienced as Baby is naive. She soon becomes Johnny’s pupil in dance and love. This feel-good classic also stars the one and only Cousin Brucie in a cameo role. 100 minutes. Rated PG-13. 1987.
Live Music with Rhett Miller & the New Paltz All-Stars
Rhett Miller, front man for the legendary Texas rock and roll band Old 97’s, brings a new lineup of Hudson Valley all-star players to perform a selection of songs from his vast catalog, as well as the songs that influenced him – from Neil Young to David Bowie and beyond.
Live Music: Great Songwriters of the 1970’s and 1980’s
Accomplished piano player and singer Jon Corbet presents a fun and engaging set of songs from some of the great singer/songwriters of the 1970’s and 1980’s.
PAST PROGRAM PERFORMERS
Bruce “Cousin Brucie” Morrow
This legend in broadcast history recently celebrated 50 years in New York radio. In 1994, Bruce became the only on-air personality in New York City to have a street named after him when West 52nd Street was proclaimed “Cousin Brucie Way.” He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1987 and into Broadcasting and Cable’s Hall of Fame in 1990. His contributions as a radio pioneer were recognized by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. Bruce is also an accomplished photographer and serves many local and national charities. His autobiography, Cousin Brucie: My Life in Rock and Roll Radio, along with latest books, Rock & Roll…And the Beat Goes On, and Doo Wop: The Music, the Times, the Era, are also bestsellers. Bruce can be heard nationally on WABC Radio. He and his wife Jodie reside in Manhattan.
Rob Paparozzi is a New Jersey-based front man, singer, and harmonica player and has been a blues performer since 1967. Rob is far from being strictly a blues musician, in fact, he’s at home playing a wide range of music, ranging from rock to blues to jazz to pop. Having toured in Japan, Italy, Spain, France, Russia, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, Rob’s Broadway, movie, and television credits are also extensive with appearances on Big River and The Will Rogers Follies, Conan O’Brien, David Letterman, and the CBS Early Show. Formerly a member of the Original Blues Brothers Band and leader singer with Blood, Sweat, and Tears, Rob released his debut CD “Etruscan Soul” in 2009.
Jon Cobert was born in Brooklyn, NY, studied piano theory with Ted Harris, and received a degree in music theory and composition from NYU. Cobert plays the piano, organ, accordion, synthesizer, guitar, bass, and drums. He is best known for his work on the keyboard, Cobert has recorded, toured, and/or performed with John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Laura Branigan, Dion, Tom Chapin, Harry Chapin, Regis Philbin, Loudon Wainwright III, Dionne Warwick, and many others. Cobert has five Grammy Award nominations for his work with Chapin. He has written many jingles and sports themes including ESPN’s Baseball Tonight and has released 2 CDs of his original songs, Here’s Your Canoe and He Had a Hat.
Rhett Miller is perhaps best known as the front man of the Dallas-based alt-country band the Old 97’s, although he has also pursued a critically acclaimed solo career. Formed in 1993, the Old 97’s built a devoted following with their brash blend of country and power pop influences, making a splash with 1995’s Wreck Your Life, which won the group a brief stay on the roster of Elektra Records, a period kicked off with one of their finest hours, 1997’s Too Far to Care. In his solo career Rhett has captured attention as a literate songwriter training his eye on such subjects as fatherhood, sex, and love.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Rock’n’Roll Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients from our farm-to-table partners. See our full list of dining options>
- Access to more than 85 miles of scenic hiking trails
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness classes
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Indoor heated pool with underwater music
- Make an appointment to visit our Greenhouse
- Guided hikes and outdoor activities with our Recreation team
- Nightly evening entertainment, special events, and more! See activities schedule>
- Guided nature hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Boating and fishing on Lake Mohonk
- Rock scrambling our iconic Labyrinth and Lemon Squeeze trail
- Guided archery, and tomahawk throwing sessions
- Complimentary court time on our Har-Tru and red clay tennis courts
- Complimentary greens fees on our historic 9- hole golf course
- Putting Green and Lawn Games
À la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyper local draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our dining venues
- Scenic carriage rides
- Guided rock climbing with Alpine Endeavors
- Private fitness, yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions
- Private tennis lessons, golf lessons, archery lessons and tomahawk throwing lessons with our pros
- Fishing pole rental, and bait for purchase
- Disc golf discs available for purchase (weather permitting)