Ballroom Dancing Weekend
December 1 – 3, 2017
Twirl, spin, and dance the night away during our winter Ballroom Dancing event!
Even if you’ve never danced before, this weekend is tailored to provide a perfect introduction to the waltz, fox trot, swing, tango, and salsa. Intermediate and advanced students will refine their techniques and focus on new dance patterns throughout the weekend.
Demonstrations and workshops are designed to teach students at all levels of experience. The instructors—Candace Woodward-Clough, Laurie Shayler, Jeni Breen, and Gene Eagle—are well-known dancers, performers, and teachers.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
with Fleur Seule
Fleur Seule is an authentic 1940’s-style jazz, swing, and Ballroom band that plays hits from all around the world. Ballroom Weekend dance instructor Gene Eagle introduced this dazzling new group to Mohonk. They will take you on a memorable musical journey as you glide across the floor of the Main Dining Room.
This class is a gentle introduction to two of the classic ballroom dances, the Foxtrot and the Waltz. Gene Eagle will teach the basic steps from both dances, as well as important leading and following techniques.
Intermediate Fox Trot/Waltz
New patterns and advanced techniques of leading and following, taught by Candace Woodward-Clough, will enhance the skills of guests with some prior experience in ballroom dancing.
Enjoy learning the basics of these spicy Latin dances with Jeni Breen.
Dancers with some experience can use this opportunity to refine what they know and pick up some new techniques along the way with Jeni.
Dancers with a foundation in swing will enjoy learning some new combinations and styling possibilities in this lively swing class with Laurie Shayler.
Learn the basics of single-step swing dance with Candace.
Laurie will help experienced salsa dancers polish their steps with advanced patterns and shine work.
Evening Dance with The Full Count Big Band— An 18-piece Orchestra
Celebrate your individual style as you dance to music provided by The Full Count Big Band, an elegant 18-piece orchestra. Also enjoy the featured dance show around 10:00 p.m. with the always stylish and smooth Lisa Uribe and Slavi Baylov.
Dancers can use this hour to practice steps they’ve learned and get ready for the Farewell Dance.
This is the last chance to show off your newfound style and say goodbye to old and new friends, while dancing to music by Fleur Seule.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Ballroom Dancing Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Ice-skating in our open air pavilion
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Outdoor Activities such as snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and nature hikes
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room