April 28 – 30, 2017
Spring is a time of year where we awaken parts of the body, the mind and the spirit that have been lying dormant for the winter. Enjoy a weekend with Lana Heintjes who will awaken your body, clear your mind and enliven your spirit. Lana has years of experience teaching many types of multilevel yoga classes and helping students increase their quality of life. This weekend will teach you how to enjoy this spring season and you will leave feeling fresh and ready for summer! All workshops will be open to all levels, including beginners and seasoned yogis.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, APRIL 28
Meet and Greet at Afternoon Tea
Stop by during tea time to meet your instructor for the weekend, learn about the yoga classes on offer at Mohonk, and sign up for the program.
Start off the weekend with a relaxing and detoxing practice that helps you shake off any travel aches or jet lag while soothing your digestive system with gentle twists and forward bends. You’ll feel so ready to begin the weekend, sink into the flow of the weekend. All levels welcome.
SATURDAY, APRIL 29
Wake up and get moving with this invigorating but not challenging yoga flow. By starting off with a mindfulness meditation, Lana will help you incorporate mindful awareness and breathe into your Vinyasa to get the juices flowing and clear your mind. This workshop will leave you feeling awake and energized. All levels welcome.
This relaxing sequence of yin and restorative yoga poses and essential oils will coax you into a state of bliss that will carry into your Saturday night. You’ll leave class exuding such calm energy that your friends would notice the difference. All levels welcome.
SUNDAY, APRIL 30
Open Your Heart
Let go of any winter blues with this heart opening meditation followed by a juicy sequence of gentle back bending postures. If you’ve still managed to hold on to feeling down and out from winter, this will be perfect to reinvigorate your spirit for the seasons to come. All levels welcome.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
MEET OUR PROGRAM LEADER
Lana is known for her soothing voice and calm presence. She has been an active and passionate yoga instructor since 2009, after she took her incredibly powerful 200-hr Yoga to the People teacher training in NYC. After discovering yoga in high school she felt like she had tapped into her life’s calling and found something that made her see the beauty of the world with clear eyes, and experience life with a healthy body.
The evolution of her yoga practice has taken her on and above her mat, indoors and outdoors, and has made her the vibrant and joyful person that she is today. She teaches Vinyasa yoga, partner yoga, aerial silks, restorative yoga, and gives Thai yoga bodywork. Lana is the co-founder of Yoga Mountain Retreats, which leads Yoga and Rock Climbing retreats internationally. She also specializes in teaching yoga and meditation to couples to help increase the quality and health of their relationship.
Lana is certified in Vinyasa yoga, restorative yoga and is a Thai yoga bodywork practitioner with a Bachelors of Science in Music. She has over 300 hours of training and 2,000+ hours of teaching experience. She currently resides in the beautiful New Paltz, NY.
Follow Lana on Instagram @acrolana or visit www.yogamountainretreats.com
When you visit for Spring Yoga Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating and fishing on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
- Special Events such as Outdoor Summer Movie Series and more! See schedule of activities >
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides