MINDFULNESS IN MINUTES: SPRING
April 9 – 11, 2021
Mindfulness in Minutes… “Forest Bathing”… and More!
This weekend invites you to enjoy the inspirational setting of Mohonk Mountain House as you learn simple techniques that can be used anywhere and anytime to reduce stress and enhance physical, mental, and emotional well-being. As a “sampler” where you can explore your own experience as you work with different opportunities, these sessions offer the potential for on-going actions that you can take home and bring into your life. Throughout the weekend, join Nina Smiley, Ph.D., co-author of The Three Minute Meditator and Mindfulness in Nature to discover how you can change your life and support your optimal well-being.
Attend any or all of the program events — the choice is yours! This is also Spring Yoga Weekend, and we hope you’ll enjoy some transformative and restorative classes.
Book now to save 20% on this exclusive event!
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Mindfulness in Minutes – Part 1
When meditation is seen as something you have to do “outside” of real life – find the perfect setting, be surrounded by silence, and spend a required amount of time on a daily practice – the desire to pursue this can be overtaken by the reality of daily life. In the midst of hectic days, you may be on-the-road or on-the-run, caught up in meetings, busy with family, and dealing with… whatever! But these are exactly the moments when we can most use the benefits of mindfulness. Nina offers an approach that makes mindfulness accessible to real people in real lives when they really need it. In this session, Nina will guide you through some simple techniques that will help your brain begin to form a new habit – what if you could learn to watch the mind, instead of going with its storyline? Rather than reacting-and-regretting, what if you could learn to respond more skillfully in the moment? Learn more about how to bring it into your life!
Saturday Morning – Time On Your Own!
Enjoy the spectacular outdoor setting of Mohonk Mountain House, take a swim in our indoor heated pool, delight in a spa treatment… or do anything else you choose… mindfully, of course!
Mindfulness in Minutes – Part 2
Building on our first Mindfulness in Minutes session, Part 2 with Nina will bring an opportunity to learn how to use these skills in the nitty-gritty moments of your life. For example, insomnia – is anyone In Search of A Good Night’s Sleep? Minds can be very active – especially at three in the morning. Learn how to use mindfulness to set the stage for sleep. What about Relationships That Really Work? Throughout the day, we’re constantly interacting with other people—family, friends, colleagues… Discover how a mindful approach to relationships can lead to more skillful interactions at home and at work. Instead of thinking “I wish I hadn’t said that” learn to change “that” behavior. And Nina will also focus on your most important relationship – with yourself. There will be time to talk about Never Diet Again – a mindful take on weight loss and wellness… And we’ll look at suggestions on relating to pain as a “habit” and exploring a different way of working with it. You’ll leave this session with an understanding of mindfulness that empowers you to bring it into your life and use it to enhance well-being, one moment at a time!
“Forest Bathing”: Mindfulness In Nature
The term “forest bathing” or “shinrin-yoku” has been used in Japanese writings and research to describe the sense of well-being that comes from being outdoors immersed in nature. This Mindfulness in Nature walk with Nina guides you through wooded trails, alongside timeless cliffs and our crystal-clear lake. Embrace your senses with this unique walk before you enjoy lunch!
MEET OUR PROGRAM LEADER
Nina Smiley, Ph.D.
Director of Mindfulness Programming
NINA SMILEY, Ph.D., graduated from Vassar College and earned a doctoral degree in psychology from Princeton University. She is co-author of The Three Minute Meditator, now in its fifth edition and translated into seven languages, and Mindfulness in Nature (spring 2017), along with the CD Mini-Meditations That Will Enhance Your Life. Nina taught psychology at the University of Maryland and worked at the American Psychological Association. She has studied mindfulness with Jack Kornfield (founder of Spirit Rock Meditation Center), Sharon Salzberg (co-founder of Insight Meditation Society), and others. Nina’s work has been featured in The New York Times, O, the Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, Shape and Prevention. She delights in sharing insights about mindfulness meditation and well-being.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Mindfulness in Minutes, your overnight package includes:
- Breakfast: Breakfast Buffet with made-to-order omelets, our famous mini-waffles, and more in our grand Main Dining Room; or Continental Breakfast in the historic Lake Lounge
- Brunch: Brunch Buffet
- Dinner: Surrey Fine Dining, Modern American Menu
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary weekend Kids’ Club drop-off program
- Nightly evening entertainment, special events, and more! See schedule of activities >
- Guided House History Tour of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness classes
- Visit our Greenhouse and Barn Museum
- Strolling through the Victorian show garden
- Indoor heated pool with underwater music
- Ice-skating in the open air pavilion
- Guided nature hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Guided archery lessons, and tomahawk throwing sessions
- Complimentary greens fees on our historic 9- hole golf course
À la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyper local draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our dining venues
- In-room dining
- Guided rock climbing with Apline Endeavors
- Private fitness, yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions
- Private golf lessons, archery lessons and tomahawk throwing lessons with our pros
- Disc golf discs available for purchase (weather permitting)
See full list of what’s included in your stay!