Fall Yoga Weekend
November 6 – 8, 2020
Experience the transformative and restorative power of yoga! Join Shannon Carlin, yoga teacher and Reiki Master at Mohonk Mountain House for this Fall Yoga Weekend. This heart-centered and balancing yoga practice is designed to help you explore and awaken your grateful spirit– just in time to prepare you for the upcoming holidays! Release tension and stress as you cultivate a deep sense of compassion and relaxation that will rejuvenate your body, warm your heart, and calm your mind. Appropriate for participants of all levels and abilities–beginners are welcome.
This weekend is also Mindfulness in Minutes and we hope you will enjoy some sessions with our own Nina Smiley Ph.D., learning to calm the mind and enhance well-being.
Sign-up during the reservation process and full participation for this weekend is recommended.
Book now to save 10% on this exclusive event!
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
SAMPLE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Welcome Yoga + Relaxation
Ease yourself into your weekend wellness retreat with a simple and soothing physical practice designed to relieve your travel aches and pains and prepare you for a deep, satisfying night’s sleep. This is a practice to welcome yourself into your body and into the moment–as you are, and will be the foundation of our time together in your “home away from home” on the mountain. Expect gentle stretches and a guided deep relaxation to decompress and recover from your travel. Please dress comfortably.
Yoga to Rejuvenate and Reenergize
This thoughtful, slow-flowing yoga practice will emphasize deep breathing and a strong foundational core. As we work to actively stretch and unwind tension around the ribcage and shoulders, we’ll stabilize the lower body and core to embrace a more heart-centered and compassionate experience this weekend and beyond. This breath-centric yoga practice will energize and invigorate you for the day ahead so you can explore all that Mohonk has to offer!
Restorative Yoga + Reiki
Restorative Yoga is a profound healing practice. It allows the physical and energetic bodies time to tap into their innate ability to restore and heal on many levels. Reiki is a soft and sweet hands-on modality that amplifies the healing process. You will leave this space feeling energetically, physically, and emotionally recharged, restored, and renewed. During this yoga practice, you will experience very gentle movement, restorative postures, soft music, light meditation, deep breathing and deep relaxation. Shannon will guide you into fully supported yoga postures with the support of blocks, pillows and blankets. No prior yoga experience needed. Appropriate for all bodies and abilities. Please dress in layers (hats and socks welcome!) and bring two pillows from your room.
Yoga for Gratitude + Compassion
We’ll close our time together on our mats with a moderately-paced, full-spectrum flow of yoga postures culminating with deep rest in an extended savasana. You’ll leave this wellness weekend feeling elevated, enlivened, and ready to head back home with gratitude in your heart and compassion for yourself and others in mind.
MEET OUR PROGRAM LEADER
Shannon visited ashrams with her parents as a child and then many years later, found herself in a yoga class one day. Though unfamiliar with the poses, the breath, and of course-sanskrit, she immediately felt a sense of belonging and of coming home. The experience resonated so deeply with her that she knew she had taken her first steps on a life-long path of study, practice, and devotion.
Shannon teaches a full-spectrum, balanced practice from challenging, upbeat vinyasa flow to bliss-out restorative. So whether you want to move, play, and flow or simply sit comfortably and breathe consciously, you are always welcome in class. Through creative and thoughtful sequencing, Shannon offers a safe and inviting space to explore your boundaries and awaken your innate potential. In her class you’ll experience alignment-based flow with clear direction, an uplifting theme and hands-on adjustments set to eclectic music. In between the movement of your breath and body, you’ll find an ever-evolving sense of connection to the most authentic parts of yourself and a deeper sense of engagement with the world around you. Come as you are and expect to leave class feeling empowered, focused and inspired.
She has completed her 200hr certification with Bernadette Birney, Restorative training with Jillian Pranksy, Prenatal Certification with Sue Elkind and her 500hr advanced training with Tiffany Cruikshank of Yoga Medicine. She also continues to study yoga philosophy with Dr. Douglas Brooks. Shannon is also a certified lifeguard, PaddleFit and Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga Teacher. She has also completed Trauma Informed and Yoga Activist training with Off The Mat and Into The World with Sean Corne, Suzanne Sterling and Hala Khoury. She leads trainings and retreats both within the United States and internationally.
When you visit for Fall Yoga Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Breakfast: Breakfast Buffet with made-to-order omelets, our famous mini-waffles, and more in our grand Main Dining Room; or Continental Breakfast in the historic Lake Lounge
- Brunch: Brunch Buffet
- Dinner: Surrey Fine Dining, or Modern American Menu
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary Kids’ Club drop-off program
- Nightly evening entertainment, special events, and more! See schedule of activities >
- Guided House History Tour of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness classes
- Visit our Greenhouse and Barn Museum
- Strolling through the Victorian show garden
- Indoor heated pool with underwater music
- Access to more than 85 miles of scenic hiking trails
- Guided nature hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Rock scambling our iconic Labyrinth and Lemon Squeeze trail
- Guided tomahawk throwing lessons
- Complimentary court time on our Har-Tru tennis courts
À la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyper local draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our dining venues
- In-room dining
- Scenic carriage rides
- Guided rock climbing with Apline Endeavors
- Private fitness, yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions
- Private tomahawk throwing lessons with our pros
- Mountain bike rental to explore our single track trails
- Disc golf discs available for purchase (weather permitting)
See full list of what’s included in your stay!
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .