December 24 – 25, 2021
Experience the magic of a Victorian-style holiday at Mohonk. Our castle resort will be decorated for the season with trees, festive wreaths, and plenty of cheer. In addition to special events listed below, enjoy activities happening throughout the day like holiday craft kits, ice-skating in the pavilion, taking a self-guided Christmas Tree and Gingerbread tour around the Mountain House, and witnessing the magic of our Winter Lights display.
Availability is limited. 3-night minimum stay for holiday weekends. For reservations, please call .
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 24
Yule Log Hunt
Join us for this fun and challenging Christmas Trivia Hunt. Teams must complete the scavenger hunt, with all of the correct answers. Once they have solved their final clue, they must bring back the bow that’s hidden with the Yule Log. The family that finds the Yule Log first will get to light it with the Smiley Family at the Trim-A-Tree Party tonight. Festive dress is encouraged!
Come decorate this delicious holiday treat! Children must be supervised, not a drop off activity.
Smiley Family Trim-A-Tree
Bring your ornaments and embrace the timeless tradition of adorning the Christmas tree while meeting members of the Smiley family. Tea, cocoa, cider, and cookies available to-go. In order to maintain occupancy restrictions, please refrain from lingering so that all guests have the ability to enjoy.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 25
Graham Cracker House Decorating
Join our Activities staff for classic holiday fun as you decorate your own graham cracker house with candy and icing. Please note that seating is limited.
Pomander Craft Kit
Come by the Front Desk to pick up this Victorian orange craft kit to go. It’s a fun and classic hands-on family holiday activity, recommended for ages 4 and up.
Anthony Salazar: Magical Illusions
A new Mohonk favorite, Anthony Salazar is back with his exciting two-person show! Witness amazing illusions choreographed to high-energy music; a carefully blended combination of magic, comedy, dance, and audience participation that will leave you breathless!
When you visit during Christmas Holiday, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients from our farm-to-table partners. See our full list of dining options>
- Access to more than 85 miles of scenic hiking trails
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness classes
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Make an appointment to visit our Greenhouse
- Indoor heated pool with underwater music
- Guided hikes and outdoor activities with our Recreation team
- Nightly evening entertainment, special events, and more! See activities schedule>
- Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing on more than 30 miles of groomed trails (weather permitting)
- Winter hiking with micro spikes (weather permitting)
- Ice-skating in the open air pavilion
- Guided outdoor activities and hiking with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains (weather permitting)
À la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyper local draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our dining venues
- In-room dining
- Private fitness, yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions
- Disc golf discs available for purchase (weather permitting)