Fourth of July Celebration
July 4, 2017
Join us for our most iconic holiday celebration of the entire year. Delight in festive events and activities throughout the day at our House! Be sure to wear your red, white, and blue and join in the fun!
Mohonk Mountain House is not open to the public on the 4th of July. An overnight reservation is required to join in the 4th of July activities.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
8:00 a.m. Bugle Call
Roger Thorpe will open the Holiday with a traditional bugle call to breakfast.
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Open House at the Firehouse!
Stop by for fun and festivities including fire extinguisher training, fire sprinkler demonstration, thermal imager demonstration, and more! Goodie bags and door prizes for kids, too!
11:00 a.m. Touch a Truck
Family opportunity to explore an excavator, skid steer, fire truck, and many more vehicles!
2:00 p.m. Parade Formation
If you want to march in the parade, please join us as we form the parade in order. We step off promptly at 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. 4th of July Parade
Join us in watching a display of fun and excitement!
2:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. 4th of July Carnival
Fun for all ages! Games, popcorn, bounce castle, and lots of prizes.
4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. 4th of July Water Show
Sign up by 4:00 p.m. at the Information Summerhouse throughout the day. Includes porch diving.
8:00 p.m. Concert on the Lake: The Excelsior Cornet Band
Begin the evening’s festivities from the Boat Dock as you enjoy music from the 1860’s played on period instruments.
9:15 p.m. Illumination of the Mountain and Fireworks Spectacular
As dusk settles, a peaceful reflection of brilliant color glows from rocky ledges to cliff-bound lake. The combination of voice, Cathy Thorpe and Robert Melikyan, trumpet by Roger Thorpe paired with a spectacular fireworks display by Legion Fireworks, is a unique way to celebrate July 4th. Readings by Tom Smiley and Eric Gullickson.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit over the Fourth of July, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating, fishing and swimming in Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
- Special Summer Events such as our Outdoor Movie Series See schedule of activities >
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides