TASTE OF ITALY
June 2 – 4, 2017
Join us for a culinary weekend as we explore the food, wine, and music from Italy. Renowned wine expert Kevin Zraly of the Windows on the World Wine School will guide you through an exceptional tasting of some of the top wines from this beautiful country. You’ll also enjoy a cooking demonstration and tasting from our own Executive Chef Jim Palmeri.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
Cooking Demonstration with
Mohonk’s own Executive Chef Jim Palmeri
Join Mohonk’s Executive Chef Jim Palmeri as he explores foods from Italy. A delicious tasting will follow the demonstration
Wines of Italy with Kevin Zraly*
Renowned wine expert Kevin Zraly leads you on a tasting journey through Italy. You’ll taste 6 different wines as you learn about wine styles and developing your own taste, and discover details about acidity, tannin, oak, and fruit. Kevin leads the way, with stories, myths, and tantalizing tales of Italian wine.
Taste of Italy Reception and Book Signing with Kevin Zraly*
After the wine tasting, join Kevin for a reception with a curated menu of Italian hors d’oeuvres by our Mohonk chefs. Additional authentic Italian foods will be provided by an iGourmet pop up shop, giving you the chance to bring home a delicious reminder of the weekend. This is also your chance to purchase a signed copy of Kevin’s bestselling wine book, Windows on the World Complete Wine Course.
Performance by Countertenor Jeffrey Mandelbaum
Hailed as a “first-class countertenor” by The Washington Post, Jeffrey has performed in operas by Handel, Gluck, Mozart, and many others with companies around the world. He is a sought-after concert singer, specializing in the oratorios and passions of Handel and Bach, as well as Carmina Burana and Chichester Psalms. He will present selections spanning his repertoire with attention paid to the great operatic works of Italy.
A Historic Tour of Mohonk’s Kitchen and Dining Room
Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at our kitchen and dining room.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Taste of Italy Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating, fishing, and swimming on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Indoor Heated Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
- Special Events such as Outdoor Summer Movie Series and more! See schedule of activities >
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Horseback riding, carriage rides, and pony rides