April 20 – 22, 2018
Cheers! Prost! Salute!
Join us as we celebrate New York State’s brewers with an array of local craft beers, food, and music during this exciting weekend devoted to all things beer! Experience a craft beer dinner pairing, learn about home brewing with Kristop Brown and James Walsh, owners of Yard Owl Craft Beer, in this “how-to” lecture followed by a tasting of Yard Owl’s craft beer, and don’t forget to explore some of our regional best at our Craft Beer Expo with local brewers and purveyors. You’ll leave inspired to start brewing your own beer.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: COMING SOON
Please check back for an updated schedule 3 months prior to the event.
Preview last year’s schedule:
Home Brewing 101:
Demonstration and Tasting with Yard Owl Craft Beer
Curious about how beer is made? Interested in making your own home brew? Join brewmasters Kristop Brown and James Walsh of Yard Owl brewery in Gardiner, New York as they give a detailed talk on what you’ll need and how you can get started on brewing your own craft beer. A craft beer tasting will follow!
Local Craft Beer Expo
Explore, taste, and play during this special event, with displays from local brewers, food purveyors, and more! Your taste buds will be tantalized by some of New York State’s finest.
Note: Guests must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid ID to taste.
Live Music! “Breakaway” with Robin Baker
This five piece band features the spell binding vocals of local legend Robin Baker and delivers a mixed bag of rock, soul, and country with a lot o’ heart! Robins voice, rainbow sweet or growling bluesy, is a compelling force to get your motor running! Whether you’re a dancer or like to sit and listen, come on out and you will surely have some fun!
Baking with Beer Demonstration
Celebrate our craft beer weekend with Yard Owl brew masters as they demonstrate their very own delicious recipe of baking with beer. They will share some tips for you to bring home and try in your kitchen!
MEET OUR PROGRAM LEADERS
Kristop Brown and James Walsh
Brewmasters of Yard Owl Brewery
Kristop and James are dear friends who have grown their business from the ground up, starting as a hobby in their kitchen and evolving to their own craft beer. With diverse backgrounds in food and wine, Kristop and James form a dynamic team. Kristop had previously established himself as an award-winning winemaker in the Hudson Valley. James is the co-owner of the Mudd Puddle Coffee Roasters and Café in New Paltz, New York.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please us at .
When you visit for Brewmasters Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced cuisine from our farm-to-table partners
- Access to more than 85 miles of the Hudson Valley’s best hiking trails
- Boating and fishing on Lake Mohonk
- Daily Guided “House History” Tours of our National Historic Landmark resort
- Guided Nature Hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness Classes
- Heated Indoor Pool with underwater music
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Complimentary greens fees Monday–Friday on our Scottish-inspired golf course
- Nightly Evening Entertainment
A la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyperlocal draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our Main Dining Room
- Carriage rides to stunning vistas