April 23 – 25, 2021
FEATURED EVENTS FROM PAST YEARS
Cheers! Prost! Salute!
Join us as we celebrate the art of the brew with an array of local craft beers, food, crafts, and music during this exciting weekend devoted to all things beer! Learn about different styles of beer, how to start home brewing with the owners of Yard Owl Craft Beer, and don’t forget to explore some of our regional best at our Craft Beer Expo with local brewers and purveyors. You’ll leave inspired to start brewing your own beer.
Listed below are some of the events from the past years.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
Join us for a cash bar Happy Hour with our local Brewmasters and weekend hosts, Yard Owl Brewery. They will be providing samples.
Live Music with Cubbage
Join Philadelphia based alternative rock band Cubbage in our Lake Lounge for evening entertainment. Yard Owl will have a table to keep you stocked with good beer.
Pickling Demonstration and Tasting with Yard Owl Brewery
James, Joe, and Michelle from Yard Owl will discuss their best tips for pickling vegetables and eggs.
Beer & Gear Expo*
Explore, taste, and experience the unique flavor of the Hudson Valley during this special event with displays from breweries, cider houses, distilleries, local farms, and hiking gear vendors for our Hikers’ Holiday Weekend! Your taste buds will be tantalized by some of New York’s finest including Arrowood Farms, Brooklyn Cider House, Bjorn Qorn, Atina Foods, and more! No fee.
*Must be 21 years old and have a valid ID to taste.
Live Music with the Dylan Doyle Band
Southern born and Northern raised, Dylan Doyle has been steeped in everything from Bob Dylan, Wes Montgomery, and Bill Withers to John Prine, Jimi Hendrix, and The Band. From this comes a unique musical interpretation that lies somewhere within the delta of Roots, Rock, and Jazz; giving him a style that defies classification. All are welcome! Cash bar available.
Home Brewing 101 – Yard Owl Craft Beer
Curious about how beer is made? Interested in making your own home brew? Join brew master James Walsh of Yard Owl brewery in Gardiner, NY as he gives a detailed talk on what you need and how you can get started brewing your own craft beer.
PAST PROGRAM LEADERS
Yard Owl Craft Brewery
James and Michelle Walsh combined their excitement for the restaurant business and opened Mudd Puddle Café in New Paltz, NY. Fresh roasted coffee, hand crafted food, and a warm community space has been the focus since day one. In 2012, they expanded their passion for fine crafted beverages and food by opening Yard Owl Brewery in Gardiner, NY. Here, the team comes together to brew and serve expressive Belgian inspired ales paired with house-made pickled vegetables and eggs, and beer mustards that are served with cheese, charcuterie, and pretzels. This venue has enabled them to create a second community space and expand their creativity into another area of the food and craft beverage world.
Dylan Doyle has been touring nationally since age 15, and became a seasoned professional at a very young age. He has played with such notable musicians such as Rob Stoner (Bob Dylan, Don McLean), John Platania (Van Morrison, Natalie Merchant), Ben Cauley (Otis Redding, and Bill Payne (Little Feat). Dylan has been referred to as “The Future”, and as a young Jimi Hendrix. Imaginative and original, Doyle has been called one of the most prodigious players around with abundant natural talent. Attesting to Dylan’s versatility, Dylan has played the King Biscuit Blues Festival three consecutive years as well as headlining the Grateful Garcia Gathering, the largest Grateful Dead festival in the Midwest. Dylan consistently packs houses around Europe and the United States.
Cubbage is a Philadelphia-based band rooted in alternative rock, with tastes of blues/jazz, folk, and pop influence. Put together The 1975’s rhythmic pulse, with John Mayer-like vocals, and Sonny Rollins-like saxophone lines, and you’ve got an idea of the sound. Winner of the 2018 Lehigh Valley Music Awards’ “Best New Artist,” Cubbage has toured the country and Canada, as well as played multiple festivals and conferences around the east coast.
Availability is limited. For reservations, please call .
When you visit for Brewmasters Weekend, your overnight package includes:
- Three meals daily featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients from our farm-to-table partners. See our full list of dining options>
- Access to more than 85 miles of scenic hiking trails
- Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness classes
- Afternoon tea and cookies in our historic Lake Lounge
- Make an appointment to visit our Greenhouse
- Indoor heated pool with underwater music
- Guided hikes and outdoor activities with our Recreation team
- Nightly evening entertainment, special events, and more! See activities schedule>
- Guided nature hikes with stunning views of the Catskill Mountains
- Boating, and fishing on Lake Mohonk
- Rock scrambling our iconic Labyrinth and Lemon Squeeze trail
- Guided archery, and tomahawk throwing sessions
- Complimentary court time on our Har-Tru and red clay tennis courts
- Complimentary greens fees on our historic 9- hole golf course
À la carte experiences available to overnight guests:
- A full menu of nature-inspired treatments at our award-winning spa
- The Carriage Lounge, featuring a full bar and handcrafted cocktails as well as hyper local draft beer and hard cider
- An award-winning wine list in our dining venues
- Scenic carriage rides
- Guided rock climbing with Apline Endeavors
- Private fitness, yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions
- Private tennis lessons, golf lessons, archery lessons and tomahawk throwing lessons with our pros
- Fishing pole rental, and bait for purchase
- Disc golf discs available for purchase (weather permitting)