Mindfulness at Mohonk Mountain House Meditation Retreat in New York
Just 90 Miles North of NYC, Find Serenity
Mindfulness at Mohonk Mountain House offers simple techniques which allow us to reduce stress and enhance well-being. Based on the popular book The Three Minute Meditator, co-authored by David Harp, M.A. and Nina Smiley, Ph.D., these techniques help you learn to work more skillfully with thoughts, events, and emotions—anywhere and anytime. As Prevention magazine describes The Three Minute Meditator, "the road to inner peace just got shorter." Consider a meditation retreat in New York, just 90 minutes north of the city.
Mindfulness at Mohonk: Throughout Your Stay
For more than a century, Mohonk Mountain House has been providing "opportunities for recreation and renewal of body, mind, and spirit in a beautiful natural setting." We invite you to discover the many opportunities for mindfulness on our mountaintop.
- Experience the mindfulness of hiking on miles and miles of trails and carriageways with spectacular views.
- Guided hikes with our staff naturalist give you an opportunity to reconnect with nature in a mindful way.
- More than 600 rustic rocking chairs grace our balconies and porches - providing the perfect perch to enjoy our stunning setting.
- Our award-winning Spa features Signature Elements of Nature treatments with Guided Power Naps.
- We offer complimentary meditation and yoga classes each day, for all levels of experience.Fitness classes including "Peace in the Pool" help you to relax and renew in no time at all.
- While visiting our mountaintop, dial extension 2333 from any House phone for a Mindful Moment Guided Meditation created especially for our guests. You can also call this line from outside the resort at (845) 256-2701.