Mohonk Mountain House Policies and Customs
Rates at Mohonk Mountain House Resort include overnight accommodations, three meals daily* in one of our dining rooms as well as afternoon tea and cookies, and most resort activities.
All rates are per person, per night based on double occupancy. Charges for additional adults and children will be applied to the rate.
- Additional adult (over age 12): $190
- Additional child (age 4-12): $110
- No charge for children under 4 years.
Please note a change in our billing process. In the past, guests were charged an automatic 12% gratuity for overnight rooms and a 15% gratuity for beverage checks and room service. As of January 2016, we have ceased that practice and instead are charging a taxable 12% Administrative Fee for rooms and a 15% Administrative Fee for beverage and room service. The 12% and 15% Administrative Fee is not a gratuity and will not be distributed as a gratuity to employees who may provide you with service. We do wish to advise you, however, that our service staff is well compensated, and there is no need for you to provide gratuities of any kind.
*Some exceptions apply based on special rate offerings
- Most weekends require a two-night minimum stay; minimum stay requirements for holiday weekends may vary.
- A deposit equal to one night’s room rate is charged at time of booking. Reservations that are cancelled, shortened or rescheduled with less than 96 hours notice will forfeit the deposit.
- Cancellations/changes made more than 96 hours prior to arrival will receive a full deposit refund, less a $25 processing fee per room.
- Please note that holiday periods require a seven-day advance notice of cancellation/change to receive a full deposit refund, less a $25 processing fee.
- For parties of six rooms or more, a two-week advance notice of cancellations/changes is required to receive a full deposit refund, less a $25 processing fee per room.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diner’s Club are accepted, as well as personal checks
- Check-in begins after 4:00 p.m.; check-out time is 1:00 p.m. for packages that include three meals.
- For packages that include less than three meals, check-out time is at 11:00 a.m.
- Pets are not permitted
Mohonk Mountain House prohibits the use of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) otherwise known as unmanned aerial vehicles, drones, quad copters, radio-controlled model airplanes and/ or any other equipment of this type, on or above its property unless such use is approved through our permit application process. This policy supports our commitment to the protection of all wildlife (specifically in this context, birds of all species), and the safety, privacy and well-being of our guests, as well as the quality of their personal experiences in nature. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, any and all use of drones for purposes such as aerial photography, videography and entertainment/recreational use.
In certain situations, Mohonk will grant special permits for the use of drones. For more information on how to obtain a permit, please contact Alex Sherwood, Director of Hotel Operations, at email@example.com.
Neat sports attire is appropriate at Mohonk Mountain House during the day. Please note the following guidelines for attire during meal times and in our seasonal venues:
- Granary: Casual Attire (Footwear required. Swimwear and athletic attire are acceptable.)
- Breakfast, Lunch, Sunday Brunch, Carriage Lounge: Resort Casual Attire (Shirts and footwear required. Not acceptable are hats, tank tops, swimwear or running shorts, and ripped, torn or frayed clothing.)
- Traditional Evening Dining: Resort Evening Attire (We offer a fine dining experience, and we ask you to please dress accordingly. Shirts and footwear are required. Not acceptable are swimwear, ripped, torn, or frayed clothing.)
- Mohonk DinnerFest Buffet (served seasonally): Resort Evening Attire (We offer a fine dining experience, and we ask you to please dress accordingly. Shirts and footwear are required. Not acceptable are swimwear, ripped, torn, or frayed clothing.)
Cell Phones: Please do not use cell phones in areas that might disturb other guests, including dining rooms and spa.
Dining: Reservations for the evening meal are required. Room service is not available to cottages.
Liquor: Alcoholic beverage service is available daily in the Mountain House dining rooms at the afternoon and evening meals, and in the Carriage Lounge from noon to 11:00 p.m. At other times of the day, alcoholic beverages may be obtained from room service for consumption in guest rooms only.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in guest rooms or anywhere else inside the Mountain House.
Television: Available in designated public rooms. A limited number of televisions are available for rental in guest rooms.
Internet: Wireless Internet access is complimentary throughout the Mountain House.
For reservations, please call , or book online.